PARTICIPATE IN THE SOCK IT TO EM SOCK CAMPAIGN!
BECOME A SOCK AMBASSADOR!
We’re gathering NEW socks for those who are experiencing homelessness or who are in transition. We also serve agencies who serve babies, kids, teens, men, women, families and our military (current and former vets).
Homeless families comprise roughly one-third of the total homeless population.
Approximately 2.5 million children experience homelessness over a year.
In any given day, more than 200,000 children have no place to live.
Approx. 1.5 million individuals experience homelessness per year.
How can you help?
It’s simple and easy!
You can donate NEW socks and tell others about the program
or even become a SOCK AMBASSADOR!
Remember to purchase socks while grocery shopping, when you are at the mall and shopping at those wonderful discounted places such as TJ Maxx, Ross, Tuesday Morning, Sam’s Club, Costco, WalMart or similar stores.
What A Sock Ambassador Does:
- Gets the word out by contacting family and friends and inviting them to participate in the Sock It To Em Sock Campaign.
- Sets up donation boxes at local area businesses, churches and places you visit, such as dentist office, doctor’s office, coffee shops, and beauty salons. If you have a place of business, church, school, office that will be a drop off location where socks can be gathered, please send that info to Phillis Shimamoto at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Gather socks for a designated amount of time that works for you. If in Denver we’ll retrieve them from you and take them to shelters and services that can use them. If you live outside of the Denver Metro area, in another state, or wish to deliver the socks yourself, simply take the socks to an agency of your choice in your city or make arrangements for a shelter to come pick them up if they provide such a service.
- When socks have been gathered, count the number of pairs, sends the total number of socks collected and the benefitting agency(ies) to Phillis Shimamoto at email@example.com. By keeping track of how many pair of socks you have collected and delivered, we can all celebrate the success of how many socks our united efforts create!
- Post photos on our Facebook page: www.facebook.com/sockcampaign. Send photos to us via the email address above for us to add to our website and for use in social media.
- E-mail us your name (If you wish, you may use your first name only).
How to find a place to donate collected socks
Google your city and search for agencies in your area. Then call the shelter or agency and tell them that you are participating in the Sock It To Em Sock Campaign, an organization that is delivering socks to the homeless and set a day and time to deliver the socks you have gathered. NOTE: If you do not want to deliver them yourself, see if a friend might help you deliver the socks with you.
Fill out the form below to apply to become a Sock Ambassador.